Purpose of the Scheme
Launched in 1998, the Patent Application Grant (PAG) is a funding scheme to assist local companies and individuals to apply for patents of their own inventions. Its aim is to encourage local companies and inventors to capitalise their intellectual work through patent registration.
PAG is administered by the Innovation and Technology Commission (ITC) with Hong Kong Productivity Council (HKPC) as the implementation agent.
Highlight of Funding Scope
Key Features of PAG
- Applications are invited all year round.
- Maximum funding support: HK$250,000 or 90% of the sum of the total direct costs of patent application
(including the cost for patent search-cum-technical assessment), whichever is the lower.
- Individual applicant/company applicant to bear the remaining balance required for the patent application(s).
- The grant is non-transferrable and valid for 3 years from the date of approval of the application.
- Applications will be processed through HKPC on a confidential basis.