Personal Information Collection Statement
When you are just browsing the Site, no personally identifiable information will be recorded unless you register the SSO service account.
When registering an account, user login, submission of application form, submission of report(s), and/or relevant information, you will be required to provide personal information. Mandatory information requirements are denoted by asterisks (*) and you will be prompted when submitting a form if mandatory data has not been completed. The information is essential for HKPC to identify accurately who is using the Services. Without such data HKPC may be unable to process your application or provide the Services requested.
Transfer of Personal Data under SSO
Information to be transmitted to SSO registration form and future funding scheme registration form(s) includes, without limitation, the followings:
- Name of Applicant (in English and/or Chinese);
- (Company) Address (in English and/or Chinese);
- Mailing Address (in English and/or Chinese );
- Telephone number;
- Email address;
- Identification numbers (such as Business Registration number, Company Registration number).
We will collect your personal information:
- When you use the Site / the App to register an account, to submit application form(s), report(s), other related matters or documents, or to change your personal information;
- When you make enquiry or provide information by telephone or in documents;
- When you login or come to the Site / the App to submit or amend any information;
- When legally required to do so.
The personal data provided in relation to applications made under the Funding Schemes implemented by HKPC will be used by HKPC, the Government or their respective authorised agents for activities relating to:
- Provision and maintenance of the Services;
- Supporting applications to Funding Schemes, including sharing information through the SSO system (see Terms and Conditions);
- Processing and authentication of applications for funding support, payment of Government funding under the Funding Scheme(s) and any refund thereof;
- Storage of personal data (both within and outside Hong Kong);
- Communicate with third party service providers in relation to the application of the Funding Schemes and administering the funds;
- Statistics, research and reports; and
- Obtaining for feedback, survey, or related purposes.
If necessary, HKPC will contact other Government departments and relevant parties to verify the personal data provided in the applications with those held by them for the purposes mentioned in the preceding paragraph. If we are required to do so by law or we believe that such action is necessary:
- To ensure that all information, communication or material submitted to HKPC through the Site and/or the App is true, accurate and complete;
- To protect our rights and properties in relation to the Site, the App and other users of the Site / the App;
- To comply with legal requirements or process such as s search warrant, subpoena or court order;
- To protect against misuse or unauthorised use of the Site / the App, or any Services we provide; or
- During emergencies, such as when somebody’s safety is at risk.
This personal information collection statement is subject to change from time to time. Any change will be posted on the Site / the App without prior notice. Your continued access to, browsing and usage of this Site / the App / the Services will constitute an acceptance of such changes.