Eligible applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
- is an existing transport operator based in Hong Kong (including cross-boundary transport);
- operates commercial transport tools including goods vehicles (including special purpose vehicles), taxis, light buses, buses, vessels, motorcycles, non-road vehicles (applicable to vehicle models approved by the Transport Department or the Airport Authority Hong Kong), or the aforesaid transport tools of charitable/non-profit making organizations providing services to their clients;
- has been in the relevant transport service for more than one year with supporting documents to show at least one-year ownership/use of the conventional counterpart of the green innovative technology product proposed for trial;
- will likely remain in the service after the trial to bear fruit;
- has the potential to put the new technology under test into wider use in its own operation upon successful trial;
- has already installed or will apply to install its own charging station in the same application to support daily charging of the subsidised product if it is an electric ones, unless it is exempted by the Government;
- is willing to share with other operators the findings of the test of subsidised product;
- is not receiving or has not received funding from other Government sources, public bodies or charitable organizations for the same purpose of the application, except the tax incentive schemes to encourage the use of electric vehicles and environment-friendly commercial vehicles;
- is not a supplier or manufacturer of green innovative technology product proposed for trial, or its related companies*.
* : "Related Companies" under the NET Fund is defined as:
(i) a holding company which directly owns more than 50% shares of an applicant;
(ii) a subsidiary company with more than 50% shares directly owned by the holding company in (i); and
(iii) a subsidiary company with more than 50% shares directly owned by the applicant.