HKPC and the Government are committed to ensuring that all personal data submitted under applications to the Funding Schemes are handled in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) (“Ordinance”).
We will collect your personal information:
- When you use the Site / the App to register an account, to submit application form(s), report(s), other related matters or documents, or to change your personal information;
- When you make enquiry or provide information by telephone or in documents;
- When you login or come to the Site / the App to submit or amend any information;
- When legally required to do so.
The personal data provided in relation to applications made under the Funding Schemes implemented by HKPC will be used by HKPC, the Government or their respective authorised agents for activities relating to:
- Provision and maintenance of the Services;
- Supporting applications to Funding Schemes, including sharing information through the BEE ePass system (see Terms and Conditions);
- Processing and authentication of applications for funding support, payment of Government funding under the Funding Scheme(s) and any refund thereof;
- Storage of personal data (both within and outside Hong Kong);
- Communicate with third party service providers in relation to the application of the Funding Schemes and administering the funds;
- Statistics, research and reports; and
- Obtaining for feedback, survey, or related purposes.
If necessary, HKPC will contact other Government departments and relevant parties to verify the personal data provided in the applications with those held by them for the purposes mentioned in the preceding paragraph. If we are required to do so by law or we believe that such action is necessary:
- To ensure that all information, communication or material submitted to HKPC through the Site and/or the App is true, accurate and complete;
- To protect our rights and properties in relation to the Site, the App and other users of the Site / the App;
- To comply with legal requirements or process such as s search warrant, subpoena or court order;
- To protect against misuse or unauthorised use of the Site / the App, or any Services we provide; or
- During emergencies, such as when somebody’s safety is at risk.
- Where appropriate, we use available technology to protect the security of communications made through the Site / the App. However, we do not accept liability for the security, authenticity, integrity or confidentiality of any transactions and other communications made through the Site / the App. If you discover any of your personal data being disclosed to a third party, please contact HKPC immediately.
- Internet communications may be susceptible to interference or interception by third parties. Despite our best efforts, we make no warranties that the Site / the App is free of infection by computer viruses or other unauthorised software.
- You should take appropriate steps to keep your information, software and equipment secure. This includes clearing your Internet browser cookies and cache before and after using any services on the Site / the App, and keeping your passwords confidential.
- You should avoid saving your password in the computer hard disk, and you must close the browser window immediately after you have logged out, in order to prevent others from accessing your personal information.
Assessing to and Changing Your Personal Information
You have the right to access, correct or update your personal data and information in the system, except the username (i.e. Business Registration number or Company Registration number) which is the unique identifier of the system. In response, the HKPC may ask you to provide details for verification purpose.
A person who has parental responsibility (i.e. the relevant person under Section 2 of the Ordinance for a Minor user (i.e. user of age between 11 and 17) can make data access and correction request on behalf of the Minor user.