The Scheme provides funding support to projects directly related to the promotion of modern and smart logistics to be held in Hong Kong, including but not limited to the organisation of award schemes, seminars, workshops, carnivals, road-show, competitions, exhibitions, conferences, production of publicity materials etc. The target participants/recipients/audience may include students, youths, members of the logistics industry (such as logistics companies and practitioners) and the general public both inside and outside Hong Kong.
Eligibility of Applicant Organisations
Eligible applicant organisations under the Scheme should satisfy the following requirements -
- Non-profit-distributing organisations, charitable professional bodies or non-government organisations in or related to the logistics sector in Hong Kong, such as professional bodies, trade and industry associations, research institutes or other industrial support organisations, are eligible to apply. These organisations shall either be statutory organisations or organisations duly established, incorporated and registered under the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR).
- The applicant organisation must be the organiser of the promotional activities in the approved project.
- Maximum funding support for each promotional project under the Scheme may cover up to 100% of approved total estimated project expenditure.
- Project auditing is required for every project. The maximum audit fee to be provided is HK$10,000 per project.
- The actual amount of funding support will be determined on a case-by-case basis and based on the actual project expenditure incurred by the applicant organisation.
- Project which have received/would receive other sources of funding support provided by the Government will not be eligible for funding under the Scheme. Prior approval must be obtained from the Government if an applicant organisation intends to accept sponsorship from any organisation other than that from the Scheme for the same project.
- The Pilot Scheme is open for application all year round.
- The processing time will depend on the submission of the required supporting documents.
- Applications will be assessed based on individual merits and considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The assessment criteria of the proposed projects include:
- Relevance of the proposed project to the objectives of the Scheme
- Reasonableness of the budget
- Reasonableness of the implementation details
- Capability of the applicant organisation
- Distinctiveness and effectiveness of the promotional activities under the proposed project
- Please refer to the Guide to Application for details.
- To facilitate evaluation of funded projects, successful applicant organisations will be required to submit final reports to the Secretariat within two months after completion of the projects.
- The Secretariat will review the final report and assess the effectiveness of the project by comparing the project deliverables against its original objectives and deliverables as set out in the approved application form.
- The Secretariat may conduct on-site checking to verify the project progress and results for individual projects.
Disbursement of Funds
- Applicant organisations can choose to receive an upfront payment of up to 50% will be disbursed upon signing of the funding agreement and commencement of the project.
- The one-off payment or the final payment will be made to the successful applicant organisation upon project completion and acceptance of the final report by SIP and the Secretariat.
Suspension or Termination of Funding Support
- The Government reserves the right to suspend or terminate funding support for an approved project.
- Once a project is suspended or terminated, the applicant organisation will not be entitled to the receipt of funding under the Scheme. Any cost incurred in the project should be solely borne by the applicant
- The applicant organisation may have to return all/part of the funding disbursed in respect of the suspended/terminated project(s) (regardless of whether the applicant organisation has already spent the
funds or not) together with all administrative, legal and other related costs and payments to the Government via the Secretariat.