Eligible applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
- Enterprise or organisation belongs to the public and corporate sector:
(a) Public sector includes:
i. The following R&D Centres:
- Automotive Platforms and Application Systems R&D Centre;
- Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute;
- Hong Kong Research Institute of Textiles and Apparel;
- Logistics and Supply Chain MultiTech R&D Centre; and
- Nano and Advanced Materials Institute;
ii. Local Universities funded by University Grants Committee (UGC);
iii. Institutions in List 1 of the Designated Local Research Institutions designated by the Commissioner for Innovation and Technology in accordance with Section 19 of Schedule 45 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance (Cap. 112) except Local Universities funded by UGC and R&D Centres; and
iv. Non-profit or charitable professional bodies , trade associations and non-government organisations.
(b) Corporate sector includes:
ii. Institutions, professional bodies, trade associations and nongovernment organisations not covered by (a) above.
- The R&D Centres and Local Universities funded by UGC identified in paragraphs (a)i and (a)ii above are collectively known as the Public Sector Research Institutions;
- For a project to be carried out jointly by Applicants from corporate and public
sectors, the application will be treated as one from corporate sector;
- Utilises the funding for conducting research and application on vehicle-related innovation and technology with at least one of the following objectives:
(i) Enhancing convenience of motorists;
(ii) Enhancing efficiency of the road network or road space; and
(iii) Improving driving safety.
- The duration of the project from commencement to submission of all deliverables should generally not exceed 24 months;
- Make cash and/or in-kind contribution as stipulated in Guide to Application;
- Demonstrate capability in achieving satisfactory progress and reasonable chance of completion of project;
- Maintaining eligibility throughout the period of project implementation.
Details on eligibility of applicants - Guide to Application.
You are not eligible to apply for the Smart Traffic Fund. Please consider other SME funding schemes.